I actually feel honoured right now. I managed to snag an interview with God himself.
Okay on the real, it’s God on Facebook. Just do a search. The page has a million likes. He’s crude, offensive, funny as hell (haha) but full of love.
Truly, I’m glad to be able to contact this guy. Set aside your convictions for a bit, have some fun and you’ll know how cool this guy is.
1) Hey God! First off, tell us a little about the dude behind the page and how did you come up with the idea of God on Facebook.
GOD: I created the Universe a long time ago, you might have heard about that. I decided to create a Facebook page so I could polish My Image and rebuild My Brand.
2) From your Facebook page it shows that you promote love for everything and everyone. What is your view on religion today?
GOD: Religions are run by humans, which is why they are so flawed. Every now and then a good person comes around. Pope Francis is certainly doing his best to fight the system. When Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin hate you, you know you’re on the right track.
3) So how do you stay positive in this noisy world filled with different ideas and bad people?
GOD: It’s difficult, but there are a lot of wonderful and good people in the world. It’s just that about 20% are stubbornly stupid or deranged.
4) How do you personally try to spread the “love” then?
GOD: I try to make positive posts from time to time. I also try to answer as many messages as possible with solid advice.
Some of God’s new creations
5) I’ve seen the haters on your page man. Overly zealous people think you’re blasphemous. Did you ever think that you were crossing the line?
GOD: What line? I’m God, I can do and say whatever I want.
6) How do you deal with all the insults then?
GOD: It depends. Sometimes I insult them back, sometimes I try to reason with them, and sometimes I just tell them I love them. This makes them even madder, for some reason.
7) But yet, you save lives. People suffering from depression or those who are suicidal contact you. That’s amazing. How does that make you feel?
GOD: I hope that it makes a difference. Honestly, at the end of the day people are going to do what they want, no matter what you tell them. Hopefully a kind word of advice is more meaningful to them because it’s coming from Me, the LORD thy God.
The good lord saves!
8) What do you think people can do for themselves to lead a fulfilling and happy life?
GOD: Think critically. Listen to people when they’re desperately trying to help you. Don’t be ashamed to get some therapy. You all need it, all of you.
9) You’ve got over a million likes on your page! That’s crazy! Could you share with us how you manage to do that?
GOD: I’m God. This makes Me perfectly funny and wise. People tend to respond to that.
By far my most favourite exchange LOL
10) Any plans for the future? Speaking? A book perhaps?
GOD: Yes, I am working on a book called ‘Ask God, Volume 1.’ This will be the best questions and answers from the page thus far.
Aight guys, I hope you enjoyed that shit. I too, think that whatever your religion is, you ought to be respectful towards others. Don’t fucking take life so seriously, have some fun and help others when you can. If not, you’re a douche, regardless of whatever god you believe in. Plain and simple. You can check out his page here.
Right now God is going through a bit of a problem as his mom recently passed away right before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the life insurance policy which was going to pay for his house was cancelled by her four months before her death. His dad, a retired minister who spent his whole life helping others now has to bear the burden of everything.
God needs help. He has started a crowdfunding campaign to help send his dad for the vacation of his life. *Update: Right now the campaign has reached its goal. It’s really amazing to see the power of the internet plus great people all around.
Click on image
More importantly guys, I want to really encourage y’all to check out his crowdfunding campaign. God may be a god on Facebook, but he can definitely use a helping hand himself. Yes, that’s how powerful and awesome you, a mere human being can be. You can help God. Helping is always cool.
Seriously, you can make a difference. Contributions start from $5. *The campaign has managed to hit its goals. God’s dad can go on vacation. It’s awesome. It’s a great thing IMO, but you can still contribute if you wish to.
I’ve personally contributed myself. I really wanted to help, plus yeah, to get in contact with God. So go. No excuses. Be awesome and help. Go to here to check out the campaign.